Saturday 30 May 2009

ROCKINGHAM RACE WEEKEND

Saturday qualifying

Today I had qualifying for tomorrow's two races at Rockingham, but it didn't go as I had hoped.

I ended up qualifying ninth in the first race, which is at 12.20pm, and eighth in the second race, which is later on in the day at 4.10pm.

I was really hoping to push hard and have a good qualifying session this weekend especially after the first and second round at Oulton Park, but I have been trying to get to grips with a different car and different set-up due to my car being damaged from the test session at the track last weekend.

It proved difficult but I'm glad to be able to show my abilities with two top ten finishes. Anything can happen in the races and I just have to push hard and keep out of trouble.

Hopefully tomorrow the races will be a different story and I can get onto the podium in one of the races. The team have put a lot of effort into getting the car ready for this weekend and I want to give them a good result to show for all there hard work.

I will keep you posted how the races go on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment