Saturday 4 July 2009

SNETTERTON RACE WEEKEND

Saturday Qualifying

Today I had qualifying for tomorrow's two races at Snetterton. I was hoping to qualify in the top four on the grid but I had some trouble with the tyre temperature. We had dropped the tyre pressures because of how hot it was but when I went on track I struggled to get the heat into the tyres until the last lap of the session which I put a lap together and it put me 6th fastest in the session, meaning I would start the first race in 6th position. With me only managing one fast lap on the last lap of the session my second fastest lap which gives you your starting position in race two tomorrow wasn't as fast, resulting in me starting the second race in 8th position. The time I ended up doing on the last lap of the session was only half a second off from second place, which was a little annoying because if I had the heat in the tyres earlier it would have meant I could have pushed harder and got a faster lap.

Even though I am starting 6th and 8th in both races I am still confident that I can get to the front pack and get a podium position.

the first race tomorrow starts at 10:30 and the second starts at 16:35.

I will let you know how the races go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment